RFI

Re: [RFI] Honda Generator RFI

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Honda Generator RFI
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:49:22 -0600
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:42:04 -0800, Michael Tope wrote:

>What am I missing?

See my email from yesterday on this, Mike, when I ran through what
could happen with impedance added to the ground. The issue is
lightning protection, and the impedance that gets you common mode
noise suppression also degrades lightning protection.

As to the filter you have -- you can find a wide variety of filters
of the CorCom variety, some with a lot more common mode and
differential mode filtering than others. You may have one that does
"the minimum" needed to pass EMC testing, but there are better ones.

Jim K9YC