RFI

Re: [RFI] 14028 to 14034 hashbirdietrash

To: Frank Brady <ftbrady@sbcglobal.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 14028 to 14034 hashbirdietrash
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 00:29:52 -0400
Try shutting down all computer & network gear, including printers,
monitors, power supplies, etc.  Go around the house unplugging things
or use your breaker panel.  It's surprising what you may find.
Recently, I discovered the fax machine in our bedroom was emitting
lots of hash on 10 meters while it was sitting there on standby.

It's not enough to turn off power switches on your appliances.  Many
devices (TVs, VCRs, and even a compact fluorescent torchiere lamp)
radiate just as much garbage when they are "off" as when they are "on"
due to switching supplies, remote control receivers, etc.  You can
unplug units one at a time, but shutting off power at your breaker
panel is faster and better.

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net