RFI

Re: [RFI] 14028 to 14034 hashbirdietrash

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 14028 to 14034 hashbirdietrash
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:51:04 -0500
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:40:43 -0700, Cortland Richmond wrote:

>practical to see if an active noise
>canceler such as a Timewave or MFJ will let you hear past 'em.

In general, that will only work for one source at a time, because it
nulls a specific direction and phase offset. Now, since each source
is on its own frequency, if you have the patience to tweak each the
canceller for each source for every QSO that might work. And you'll
need a little noise sense antenna that favors the noise but not the
signal. I have awful noise levels here in Chicago, and the canceller
occasionally helps me for an S-unit or more, which can be enough to
dig weak ones out of the noise. But it is a PITA to deal with.

Jim K9YC