RFI

Re: [RFI] source for RFI filter cordset?

To: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] source for RFI filter cordset?
From: "Roger Borowski" <K9RB@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:43:26 -0400
http://tripplite.com/products/suppressors/isobar.cfm
All units have EMI protection that work quite well.
I've been using their various Isobar units for decades
on all my ham radio gear, as well as home entertainment
equipment. Although a bit costly, one look inside and
you can see why. They are the ultimate protection for
preventing spikes to AC powered devices as well as the
best EMI filtering I have encountered to date.

Here's another device that I have no personal experiences
using, but has some excellent reviews for EMI problems.
Again, not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for...
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/nqnaclinefilter.htm

Another rather inexpensive device that I found works quite
well on EMI noise is Radio Shack cat. no. 64-2420 which
is advertised as having an internal 40dB noise filter with a
range of 100KHz. to 100 MHz.. It works amazingly well
preventing A.C. hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, mix-masters,
and other hash generators from getting into the receiver via
the A.C. line when the transceiver is plugged into it. It cost
only $16.99 and has worked well for me as described. It's
not as sophisticated as the units mentioned above, but is very
suprisingly very effective on appliance noises here by itself.
I now have my Kenwood TS-950SDX plugged into one, that
in turn is plugged into a Tripplite model Isobar8Ultra strip.
The combination has made my typical white noise lower on
the 160 & 80 meter bands. It's been inline over two years now.
You can find the advertised catalog sheet at the link below.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=61-2420

Best Wishes, -=Rog-K9RB=-