RFI

Re: [RFI] GFI Outlets

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] GFI Outlets
From: "Howard Lester" <hlester@mmto.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:49:40 -0700
> I finally got something up in the air, not much just a 20' high dipole on
40
> meters.  It loads up fine, and I can hear a suprizing amount of stuff on
the
> band, but when fed with 100 Watts it trips about a third of the GFI
outlets
> in the house.

I had the same problem with the first dipole I installed on the roof of my
former house. NOt only did the GFI trip on 17m; smoke was coming out of it.
I solved the problem by moving the antenna to a different location and
configuration on the roof. I would "attack" the antenna and feedline, not
the GFI's.

Howard Lester N7SO