RFI

Re: [RFI] BPL Propaganda, ARRL Rebuttal on NPR's Morning Edition

To: <RFI@contesting.com>,
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL Propaganda, ARRL Rebuttal on NPR's Morning Edition
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:30:35 -0500
At 05:59 AM 8/18/2005, you wrote:
>I encourage everyone to augment Ed's rebuttal - they clearly cropped his c...

And I do enjoy morning edition !!!!!!  my email to them reads:

The current BPL causes interference to frequencies used by airlines ,
as well as state police radios & rural fire departments. The
government's own licensing authority NTIA recommended against the
system based on these FACTS.  The white house wants BPL, and mandated
such to the FCC..all appointed.
The NTIA are engineers and they are against BPL, in it's current
form. Just like low powered ham radio signals can bounce around the
world, so the current BPL can bounce all over the world, messing up
military and ALL THE SHORTWAVES. If wiMax or WIFI had the political
clout, a better less expensive solution would prevail. NTIA was
"coerced" into later removing their technology-based
objection..   too bad the big money usually wins.     DO SOME MORE
RESEARCH,  NOT JUST  RUN WITH THE EASY PREPARED STORY... Don't mess
up my belief that NPR tells a correct story,,,,tnx  bill

I hate it when NPR gets something wrong..  they do such a good job of
telling a story,,,,,
bill