RFI

Re: [RFI] Monitor RFI

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Monitor RFI
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 13:45:49 -0600
On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 12:57:58 -0600, Ed -K0iL wrote:

>I have an HP vs17 analog LCD monitor. Have yet to find any noise anywhere
>from it.

I have three 20" Dell LCD's, two of which are the same model. In fact, we now
have no CRT monitors. All use wall warts. I have a lot of noise at my Chicago
QTH, but I've never been able blame any of it on these monitors. If this QTH
had a lot less noise I might start hearing them. I agree that problems, if
there are any, are likely to be from the power supply. Proper ferrite chokes
could kill the part of that noise radiated on the 120V and low voltage cables.

BTW -- I like the monitors.

Jim K9YC