RFI

Re: [RFI] Fw: cell phone interference on airplanes

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fw: cell phone interference on airplanes
From: "Ed -K0iL" <eedwards@tconl.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:02:31 -0600
On the three docu-dramas/documentaries I've seen (History Channel, A&E
Network, and Discovery Channel) showed at least two passengers who used
their cell phones at various times: Tom Burnett and Mark Bingham.  Tom's
wife and Mark's mother both mentioned talking to them on their cell phones.
Although one program shows Mark's initial call was on the GTE phone while
the other shows him on a cell phone.  So there is some conflicting info.

There were one or two others shown using or trying to use cell phones as
well.  And the GTE phones were also shown being used at different times by
various passengers, but according to one of the programs, only 8 GTE phones
could be used at a time so many of the others tried to use their cell
phones.

So there are, in fact, accounts of cell phones being used confirmed by
relatives of the victims.  They apparently worked intermittantly so the GTE
calls were the longer calls like that Todd Beamer had with Ms. Jefferson.

 -de ed K0iL