RFI

Re: [RFI] Fw: cell phone interference on airplanes

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fw: cell phone interference on airplanes
From: David Garnier <dgarnier@wi.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:56:55 -0600
Gentlemen,

Remember the 9-11 high-jacked aircraft that the hostages crashed into
the ground?
It was widely reported that _numerous cellphone_ conversations went on
between the
hostages and their families and etc...

Some 20 years ago, on a private aircraft flight, I received permission
and had
the opportunity of using my 1 watt 450 MHz Icom 4AT at ~35K feet altitude.
I can assure you - kerchunking a common frequency pair _very enlightening_.
At that altitude I had tri-state simplex coverage, unreal!

Regards,

Dave Garnier - wb9own

Message: 5