RFI

Re: [RFI] grounding your ham equipment

To: "KC2TN" <kc2tn@comcast.net>,"'Michael Neverdosky'" <1twidget@gmail.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] grounding your ham equipment
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:39:40 -0400
> I had all of the Polyphaser protectors in place with a
> significant
> grounding field. 24 ground rods spaced appropriately all
> connected with
> 2" copper strap cadwelded together.
>
> The most interesting loss however was my 756ProII. It was
> disconnected
> except for an ALC line attached to my AMP. The amp was
> also
> disconnected.

I'd wager you missed something else besides the LAN cable,
like perhaps a bond between all the cables entering the
room?

I have nowhere near that type of ground system at the house,
don't have a single polyphaser anywhere, leave all the miles
and miles of cables and antennas connected, my radios all
stay connected,  my VCR's TV's and modems connected, and my
tallest tower takes at least a dozen hits a year. Since I
moved here in 1999 I haven't lost so much as a modem,
although I have had heliax melt in two out at the big tower.

99% of it is in how the cables are routed and bonded.

73 Tom