RFI

[RFI] Interference on TV using 2 meters

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Interference on TV using 2 meters
From: "Bert Almemo" <balmemo@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:05:28 -0400
Hi all,

I have a problem causing interference at one of my neighbor's TV with my 2
meter rig on cable channel 18 - all other channels are OK. As far as I know
that is 145.250 but I'm not sure. I'm using 25 watts to a 5/8 vertical
approx. 25 ft  above the ground. It doesn't matter what frequency on 2M I'm
using the problem is the same.

I have the same problem on my own TV. I have disconnected the cable and
terminated the antenna input on the TV and the problem remains almost the
same. Is this a common problem on all TVs or is this something specific in
my case? Could it be a leaky cable network? I do have some problems on HF as
well.

One of my ham buddies did the check at his place and got the same
interference on channel 18 when transmitting on 2 meters. Don't know what to
do so I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

73 Bert, VE3OBU