RFI

Re: [RFI] New to the list - searching for 80 meters noise

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New to the list - searching for 80 meters noise
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:30:28 -0800
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:49:44 -0600, joe wrote:

>Then, after the noise kicks in, quickly check the
>houses again to see which lights just came on.

Don't worry about the ENTIRELY SELF-CONTAINED solar powered lights
that typically are a single LED (or two), with a solar cell on top
and a pair of AA's inside. These are harmless.

You're looking for things with antennas attached, or that are
connected to the power line. To understand what I mean by antennas,
see the RFI tutorial on my website. It should give you some more
troubleshooting ideas.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Yes, those "electronic transformers" are VERY nasty RFI sources.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC