RFI

Re: [RFI] Buying New Vehicle - RFI issues with these models?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Buying New Vehicle - RFI issues with these models?
From: John DeGood <john@degood.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 14:22:50 -0400
The Pontiac Vibe should be highly reliable.  The Vibe is built in the
Fremont NUMMI plant, a joint GM/Toyota venture.  The car is based on the
Toyota Corolla platform.  The Vibe and Toyota Matrix share the same
Toyota engines, transmissions, suspensions, brakes, and
GM-designed/Toyota-supplied interior features.

I own a 2001 Chevy Prizm which was built in the same NUMMI plant, also a
joint GM/Toyota design based on the Corolla.  It's the most trouble-free
car I've ever owned:  after 103,000 miles it even still has the original
brakes.  I've averaged 39 MPG over 103,000 miles (manual transmission).

And to put this back on-topic, I've had no RFI issues with the Prizm.

73, John NU3E