RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from street lights - finding source?

To: k1ttt@arrl.net, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from street lights - finding source?
From: MAXXOUT2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:57:40 EDT
I have a noise here I pick up on the AM  radio
I can have the radio on then with no warning as if someone flipped a  switch
the radio will burst your ear drums.
Living in back of a shopping mall  I just figured the noise was coming from
one of the stores.
Then when least  expect it it goes off.
However some times it comes up slow and peaks out,  stays for a few minutes
then will settle down.
I then found I can drive  around the mall and find nulls that mute the AM
radio.
After about a week I  noticed the noise is being picked up as far as 3 miles
away and while driving  down the highway I drive in and out of the noise.
I operate from my car so I  find a spot where I hear no hash then it seems to
move around so I just gave up  and FCC plus the utility Company were of no
help.
It went away for 2 months  and came back again about three weeks ago so I
just assume it's Mc Guire AFB 12  miles from me or some sort of radar from the
boats.
I'm appx 36 miles from  the ocean.
My biggest problem is people are blaming me because i'm a  ham.
BOB
AF2Q

In a message dated 10/13/2007 1:07:30 PM Eastern  Standard Time,