RFI

[RFI] Testing & Comparing Compact Fluorescents?

To: rfi@contesting.com, jrhallas@optonline.net, w1rfi@arrl.org
Subject: [RFI] Testing & Comparing Compact Fluorescents?
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:49:25 -0400
         Repeat of October 21 post.  Hello ARRL...anybody home?

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV

WD3Q:

  >Question: has anyone done RFI field testing of CFLs?  th e 60w
equivalent seems to be quiet.
The  n:vision  75 watt equivalent was *very* noisy to my ear (never
turned on a radio) when I turned it on.

          W1RFI reported preliminary results of RFI testing
in the article below, but I've been unable to find the final
test results in a web search:

<http://dayton.contesting.com/archives//html/RFI/2007-10/http://www.eham.net/articles/16365>http://www.eham.net/articles/16365

Does anyone know where ARRL's test results have been published?

                                          73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  I recently bought a 4-pack of GE CFLs at Wal-Mart,
plugged one in and listened with my Sony 2010.  Hearing an
S9+ birdie on 1830 kHz, I immediately returned it to Wal-Mart.