RFI

[TowerTalk] Collected Writings of Larson E. Rapp Published

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>, "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "NCCC" <nccc@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Collected Writings of Larson E. Rapp Published
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:34:01 -0700
This was in the ARRL Letter today. It gives me great pleasure to see
that the contributions of this giant of an engineer over nearly three
decades have finally been recognized. We do, indeed, stand on the
shoulders of those who have come before us.

==> ARRL COMPILES COMPLETE WORKS OF LARSON E. RAPP, WIOU

Thanks to the efforts of ARRL volunteer Bob Allison, WB1GCM, the
League has assembled the complete known works of noted QST author
Larson E. Rapp, WIOU <http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/larson/>. Rapp's
remarkable contributions spanned a period of more than three decades
(1941-1962, 1972), primarily during the month of April. Rapp was said
to be from Kippering-on-the-Charles, Massachusetts, just off Route
128.

"Like most visionaries unafraid of pushing technology beyond
conventional limitations, Larson at times was controversial among his
peers and contemporaries," ARRL Lab Engineer Mike Gruber, W1MG, said.
"You can now be the judge of just how well Rapp's theorems and
trademark 'radical approach' have withstood the test of time."

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/larson/

This one below is one of the best.

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/larson/1957_April.pdf

Jim K9YC