RFI

[RFI] BrightHouse & RFI?

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>, "tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net" <tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [RFI] BrightHouse & RFI?
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:36:30 -0400
Has anyone noticed a pattern of BrightHouse cables
and increased RFI?

They have come into this area and where there used
to be a lot of interference to AM-BC when driving
around it has now become pervasive and severe.

It is so obviously from the lines that changing
lanes away from the lines diminishes the noise.

It used to be that we could go at right angles
to the main road then down our private dirt road
and find RF-peace but they've come up our road most
of the way and polluted that area as well.

Fortunately our QTH is 500 feet off the road so the
increased background RF-pollution is almost
indiscernible.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Have you tried 6m & 10M lately?  Wow!