RFI

Re: [RFI] So-Called Utility "Smart Meters"

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] So-Called Utility "Smart Meters"
From: "G. White" <radiotrade@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:46:44 -0400
Ontario is moving to smart meters. My town ( Newmarket)  was one of the first
in Ontario to be so equipt. Although not being used to thier full potential of
"peak hour" billing yet, they soon will be. Rates are going up (double) and if
you want to save money you will have to use high power devices off peak hours,
when you will get a "break" ( hi,hi- yea sure- after the rates were doubled) in
the price....

As for RFI. Check with Ontario ham microwave community....THEY DO CAUSE RFI- no
doubt about it. The 900mHz band has been renderd usless to many Ontatio Hams
who's homes have been provided with a smart meter.
Industry Canada is aware of the problem, but nothing has been done. Some hams
have suggested runing the highest powered 900 mHz  station as possible and see
how the meters  like rfi...recall that the smart meter is the illegal offender.

We are SOOOO lucky that "us ratepayers" in Ontario will also now have the cost
of the meters implementaion added directly to the bottom line of our
bills...paying for a device that causes problems to our Radios, doulbels the
rates, --and having to eat the cost too...?

They also do calculate on power factor from what I've been told !!.

If you have installed the new  CFL's (compact florecent lights) in your home,
that could be increasing you bill...many CFL'c are extreemly ineffecient and
have a bad PF....and you will be so charged...Although they use less wattage
for comparable incandecent light, many cheap imported CFL's have a bad
PF.....Ontario is making CFL's the law and banning incandecent

73 Greg