RFI

Re: [RFI] 20M Heterodyne

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 20M Heterodyne
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:58:32 -0700
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:34:02 -0500, Bill  NY9H wrote:

>we'll detach them  to see if the problem is correctly identified.
>then over there with a few ferrites,,,  which cleared MY identical issue.

Hi Bill,

When Randy (K9OR) and I did this at his QTH several years ago, we knocked
it down a lot but didn't kill it. There is almost certainly some direct
radiation from the Ethernet boxes themselves, and, of course, your
neighbors. Also, there are clocks in individual units with tolerances, and
it's common for those clocks to spread out from 14,029 to above 14,030, and
comparably on other bands. For others reading this, Randy's antenna is a
vertical quite close to his shack, and he's on a small lot with neighbors
on both sides in a city residential neighborhood (Evanston, IL).

73,

Jim K9YC