RFI

[RFI] Weird one

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Weird one
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:14:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I have a Sony TV with a DirecTV box and DVD player connected with RWY cables to
the Video Inputs. Beads and snap-ons on everything including the short speaker
wires. On the low bands 40-160 with the DirecTV box and DVD grounded together
the picture tilts with keying about 20 degrees and gets into the audio.

If I disconnect the ground between the boxes the interference reduces quite a
bit. Now the interesting part. If I remove the RWY cables from the DVD to the
TV the interference INCREASES. However, if I just UNPLUG the cables right at
the DVD box, there is on audio interference and the screen barely jumps at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks