RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Susceptibility of DTV?

To: "'RFI List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Susceptibility of DTV?
From: "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield" <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 19:41:13 -0600
My DTV experience has been quite poor.  First of all I subscribe to a
"wireless cable" service (no worries there), but my father lives in a rural
part of Kansas.  With an antenna at 45 feet and a mast mounted pre-amp he
gets very serviceable pictures on the big 5 (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS).  The
same arrangement yields only PBS and CBS on digital reliably.

In the last couple of months I have traveled to Kansas twice in preparation
for DTV.  We added 3 dB to the antenna, and have taken it 10 feet higher,
which now will make ABC visible about half the time, FOX and NBC are still
never in on digital except sometimes in the wee hours of the morning.  The
analog signals were noticeably improved by the higher gain antenna and
height improvement.  He will miss FOX the most due to the sporting events
they carry.

I am kind of out of ideas, tired of climbing his tower, and not impressed by
DTV.

73,
Joe kk0sd