RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Susceptibility of DTV?

To: Andy <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Susceptibility of DTV?
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:44:47 -0500
It was already a used beam when I put it up at about 35 feet, after a
couple
of years of Florida weather and big crows several elements are flapping in
the breeze - it's not as though they are built with the quality of a Ham
beam.

It was undersized for our distance from the stations but sorta gets the job
done.  I added a good pre-amp at the entrance to the house and that made
a big difference.

DTV sometimes does very well, lots of extra channels e.g. 3-1, 3-2, 3-3,
3-4,
8-1, 8-2, etc. where there was on only one for each, but often struggles
for
sufficient signal and loses audio or the entire signal.

My plan whether I put up the repaired beam or install a new one is to place
a preamp up there with it to get the best possible signal before it
travels the
almost 100 feet to inside.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E