RFI

Re: [RFI] RF quiet UPS?

To: Mel Crichton <kj9c@iquest.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RF quiet UPS?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:45:41 -0400

Mel Crichton wrote:
> About to buy a new UPS for the shack computer.  Need 800 VA minimum but
> thinking that 1500 would be better for future.
>
> Any models that I should avoid (especially noisy ones)?

This isn't what you asked, but I have 6 APC units. They vary from the
little 500 VA I use for the network, to the 1500 VA for the big
computers. The 1500 APC is sometimes on sale in the $150 range (give or
take). They set right next to both stations and within about 30 feet of
the lower frequency antennas.  I've even run the 756 Pro off the one as
a test.  I checked them from 1.8 through 50 MHz and found no problems. I
didn't check lower.  I did have one of the big ones from Best Buy but
the software was buggy and it kept shutting down although it didn't
create any noise problem either.

73

Roger (K8RI)