RFI

Re: [RFI] Ferrite Beads from DX Engineering

To: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ferrite Beads from DX Engineering
From: myles landstein <myles.landstein@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:17:32 -0500
nearly all auto manuf.   have guide sheets  specifically  detailing  what they
recommend  to  mitigate noise

also there are many 3rd party  parts  specifically designed  to suppress   auto
noise   from  typical sources such as  spark-plugs/ plug wires/   alt  etc
most of them are cheep

some are nothing more  than   caps/chokes  or resistors

some really  are  effective

naturally  starting with  good   grounding  all over the car, is  always  a
good  start

in some really tough cases you make  need  to  add  shielding

it's  annoying  to  have to  deal with  so i do wish you luck

n2ehg

On Jan 11, 2010, at 5:53 PM, WA3GIN wrote:

> Peter,
>
> I asked the DX Engineering fella how best to approach the RFI and he said,
> start with one clamp on per spark wire, then just add more in series till
> the noise is reduced.  That doesn't like an inexpensive solution to me and I
> don't think it will work either, haha.
>
> If I win the lotto I'll buy new spark wires and install 15 beads each and
> report the results ;-)
>
> 73,
> dave
> wa3gin

Myles Landstein
myles.landstein@gmail.com
please note my   new email address
dti will soon be eliminated , gmail is my new home  update your dir