RFI

Re: [RFI] What the ARRL has power line noise?

To: Mike@rfiservices.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] What the ARRL has power line noise?
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 17:57:38 -0700
Mike,

After 3 years of trying I finally have the attention of PG&E (thanks
to a letter from the FCC of course).  They came out and rebuilt a pole
about 2 weeks ago, but I still have noise issues.  At this point it
looks like there are at least 2 sources of noise from at least 2
different poles.  I could really use your advice about how to help
PG&E find the source of the noise.  They seem to be just taking my
input when I say "I think it is this pole here".  They've never really
verified exactly where the noise comes from.  They just tighten a few
bolts and/or rebuild a pole and leave; hoping they fixed it.  Not only
does this take a long time (they last time they rebuilt a pole was
nearly 3 years ago), but at some point I fear they will give up and
claim I am chicken little :-)

What can I suggest or use or do to really find the source so the fixes
are more likely to cure the problem?

They have RF-based as well as acoustical equipment, but I've never
seen them actually use the acoustical equipment.  Will that help?