RFI

[RFI] AT&T U-verse

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] AT&T U-verse
From: Martin Ewing <martin.s.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 22:24:34 -0400
A glutton for punishment, I switched our household from Comcast CATV to AT&T
U-verse (TV, Internet, VOIP) when it came to my neighborhood.

It's been about a month now and I've had a chance to do some RFI tests.  The
sensitive bands are 80 and 40 M for me.  (I don't have 160.) I find that I
can run 100W CW without much trouble, but QRO can break the VDSL
connection.  The patient seems to be responding to common-mode filtering of
the low-level VDSL input line.  No problems yet noted from the DSL equipment
to my radio. (More info at http://aa6e.net/wiki/Uverse )

My question is whether there has been any careful research on U-verse vs ham
radio.  I haven't been able to find any.  Maybe someone here has a pointer?

Thanks!

73
Martin

--