RFI

[RFI] Kudos for Excelsior EMC Power Company

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Kudos for Excelsior EMC Power Company
From: "doc@kd4e.com" <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:03:19 -0500
Is there an ARRL Certificate of commendation for a power
company that is exceptional in resolving RFI?

I E-mailed Excelsior EMC Power here in the Statesboro
area of SE Georgia, USA that there was a lot of noise
on the utility lines.

Within a couple of days I received an E-mail requesting
additional information and a phone call.

Over the past two weeks I have received several calls
to advise me of their progress and today asking if I
heard a difference.

They replaced a bunch of bad arrestors, sometimes only
finding a bad one when a worse one was replaced, and
they said it was all-good since this would save them
a 2AM overtime dispatch when one went unexpectedly.

It is pure joy to listen to AM-BC and Ham/SW now
whereas before it was horrible, at home and in the
van.

I walked around with my Kenwood TH-D6A on AM-BC, and
SSB on 1.9, 3.75, 7.185, 14.300, 21.300, and 28.400MHz
and in addition to no static I could actually faintly
hear signals on 14.300 on the HT with the internal
ferrite bar antenna!

Kudos for Excelsior EMC Power Company!

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E