RFI

Re: [RFI] Plasma TV's

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Plasma TV's
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:49:08 -0800
On 11/13/2010 9:34 AM, W4PV wrote:
> I have read many e-mails extoling the RFI cleanness of LED televisions and
> how poor the shielding is on Plasma TV's.  How can I determine if a
> perspective television produces RFI before I purchase it.  Is their a device
> that a ham could afford that would sniff out a potention RFI problem in one
> or more of the particular TV's of choice?

There is considerable experience, cited here and on other ham
reflectors, that Plasmas are bad and LCDs are good.

There is also considerable experience that Sony, Samsung, and LG are
good LCDs.

There have been two recent posts noting that their Magnavox LCD was BAD.

My advice -- go with an LCD made by Sony, Samsung, or LG. If you want to
know more, consult the archives for this reflector, accessible from
contesting.com

73, Jim K9YC