RFI

[RFI] Flat Screen TV and RF

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Flat Screen TV and RF
From: "Dr Michael Hunter" <drmikeh@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:21:50 -0600
I have a really great neighbor but recently he has replaced his old TV with a
Samsung LCD that is mounted on the wall which is approximately 60 feet from my
vertical R-7000. He also is using cable TV, Comcast. While running SS CW on 40
meters and using my FL 7000 and FT 1KD  I apparently woke up his flat screen in
the middle of the night to the point he was unable to control it with the
remote. He thought aliens had invaded the remote but looked out his window and
saw my light on, and realized I was on the air. When ran a test with and
without the amp and I was OK on 10, 15 and 20 meters. But on 40 meters it was
ok with just the FT 1K but when I used the FL 7000 and 600 watts, the TV went
crazy. My TV has no problems. Any idea as to how I should precede to find the
villain ?

Mike

K5HDU

drmikeh@comcast.net