RFI

Re: [RFI] Fixing Pin 1 Problems

To: RFI RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fixing Pin 1 Problems
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:31:01 -0600
Thanks Jim.

I will have a look at your tutorial.

The old TV sets of a few years ago are/were most troublesome.  We have new sets
here and they are miles apart as far as RFI goes from the old sets.  I checked
my cabling to the external boxes and it appears pin one of the XLR does go to
chassis of the two external boxes. I have them in a rack which the rails are
taken to station ground.  So far I have no RFI issues now on 10, 15 or 20, 20
being my worst case band for RFI here.  I also have many #31 and 43 mix
snap-on's all over everything.  BTW, I burnished the paint off the surface
where the rack ears attach to the Behringer box.  I felt that paint might be
preventing a good RF ground to the rack ears.  I also installed a couple of
split cores on internal cabling from the front panel to the rear PCB which
holds all of the XLR/TRS receptacles.

73
Dale, k9vuj