RFI

Re: [RFI] HF DF Antenna recommendations

To: <kb4t@arrl.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] HF DF Antenna recommendations
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 19:22:41 -0500
> I can only conclude that few subscribers to this list do much HF DFing of
> RFI. With all the new sources
> affecting the HF spectrum these days, many of which are mistaken for power
> line interference, I would think that good HF DFing tools are going to be
> much more in demand.

I don't see a National RF product that covers 160m-80m.  Their NLF-2 only
covers up to 160m.  The vast majority of my noise source show up on these
two bands.

> Nor did anyone comment on the 80 Meter ARDF equipment that is popular in
> Europe or the U.S.

>From whom can this device be ordered?

I'm presently using a Palomar LA-1 with tropical band loop stick.  It's good
for localizing switch-mode noise sources, but bulky to use on foot.

Paul, W9AC