RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI weekend from Hell...

To: RFI RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI weekend from Hell...
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:57:11 -0500
On Jan 25, 2011, at 1:15 PM, G. White wrote:

> Just think what unknowing homeowners with similar noisy CFL's and
> electronics are doing to our RF resource !! It is no wonder I have such high
> noise levels and that the noise floor everwhere is increasing at an alarming
> rate.

Although you need to remember that this noise appears to be part of a failure
event. Otherwise I concur.

> ...you have just demonstrated what happens when the regulating authorities
> allow the RF bands to be polluted unnecessarily- by allowing manufactures to
> make/import unintentional radiators, without having to meet more stringent
> and effective noise ergs.

Lean and trim perhaps isn't the way to go. While I love fiscal responsibility,
I fear this problem is only going to get worse, as the current thinking is that
Government workers are something to get rid of, not empower.

side rant..... I remember when radio stations had some serious regs on their
operation. Now in my little part of the world, all the stations are owned by
one company. The one A.M. station that I (try to) listen to is several times a
day broadcasting nothing when it should be and other times broadcasting two
feeds at the same time. Neither of which would have happened in the old days.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -