RFI

Re: [RFI] Horrific Ugly Noise Found and stopped...

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Horrific Ugly Noise Found and stopped...
From: "Larry Parker" <ve3edy@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 09:05:18 -0400
Hi Dave,
Well they all work on the same basic principal that they operate at 20 khz.
Good idea ,but in actual fact mthey should be taken off the market
because of the RFI they generate.
I'm surprised that both the FCC and IC let these device to be sold.

EUROfase is the maker of these mini puck halogen lighting fixtures
Checking on the internet I found are imported from China.
Also they have CSA labels which are I think bogus because CSA has no record of
these
identifying labels.

So beware of the 20khz driven power circuits,
FYI some lighting devices do not even identify that they function at these
frequencies.

Who wolud have thought that ultra sonic would generate RFI ... give me a break.