RFI

Re: [RFI] Power Supply - Noise Frequency Adjust?

To: "'RFI List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Power Supply - Noise Frequency Adjust?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 15:49:51 -0400
I'm surprised by the acceptance of these supplies in the ham community.  10+
years ago, SMPS manufacturers may not have had a good understanding of EM
compliance.  Today, there's no excuse.  It takes no more manufacturing cost
to design and produce an RFI-free switch-mode supply than it does a supply
that moves the problem around +/- a few kHz.

Paul, W9AC