RFI

Re: [RFI] Power Supply - Noise Frequency Adjust?

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Power Supply - Noise Frequency Adjust?
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:03:40 -0400
On May 22, 2011, at 11:55 PM, KD7JYK DM09 wrote:

> : WDYT?
>
> Wondering why they produced a POS so bad they had to build in a way to
> adjust the annoyance rather than just do it right...

Wow, what reactions! Alinco makes a small switching supply for 30 amps in a
form factor roughly of an external hard drive. Has a switching freq adjustment.
Works FB, and I haven't had to use the frequency change knob once. I did try to
find spots where it interfered, no luck. It sits about 3 inches above my rig,
no problem.

I suspect the real reason for the adjustment is that plenty of Hams and others
hate switchers in general. The addition of adjustment is probably to entice
people who might otherwise dismiss the supplies outright.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -