RFI

[RFI] Solar Panel RFI - Noise begins

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI - Noise begins
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 16:50:35 -0400
All,

As I mentioned yesterday, my neighbor installed solar panels on his roof
(thanks for all the replies). The installation was completed today and
it appears to be causing RFI.

I doubt this is a coincidence because beam heading to my neighbor, some
400 feet away, was very quite prior to the solar panel install. I made a
short video (please see below) hoping that someone can confirm if this
is typical of solar panel noise.

RFI Video -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1s0wSTfDnM

The noise appears on 20 through 10 meters, but seems to be absent on 15
meters. I'm assuming that the system goes into "sleep mode" some time
after sundown so I'll check again this evening.

Thanks,

Tony