RFI

[RFI] ID this noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] ID this noise
From: "EZ" <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 08:32:09 -0700
Hello guys!

Just joined the group, found out about it from a friend.

For several years now I have been plauged with an annoying noise during
winter months.  Here is a clip of what it sounds like: (Scroll all the way
to the bottom).
http://www.kf7p.com/KF7P/Ham_Radio/Entries/2010/1/30_RFI...its_everywhere!.html

Noise file info:
Recorded on 15m, in USB mode.

Clues:
Only during winter months.
The noise cycles on and off...5 minutes on, 2 minutes off (this varies). May
be off during the day, on more at night.
Seems to be temperture related.
Affects 15m the worst; 17m and 12m to a lesser extent.
Broadband noise...not just a spike on one freq.  If I tune the VFO it is
across the entire 15m band.
Rotating the beam tells me it is coming from due south.
Not coming from my house...I've shut off the house power twice while running
the radio on a battery.

I am hoping someone on here has heard this before and can tell me what it
is.  I suspect it is something related to a furnace motor/controller.

Thanks

Chris
KF7P