RFI

Re: [RFI] Receiver settings for hearing RFI?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Receiver settings for hearing RFI?
From: Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:53:09 -0500
that was my experience also
I live in an 80 unit apartment complex, spread over 8 buildings
lots of noises from lots of directions

it turns out the MFJ-856 can do wonders
only if
the situation meets a number of requirements

you are able to get the signals up to
equal levels with your main antennas signal strength
for the phasing/nulling to work

your noise problem must be a single source

but if, like me, your noises are from multiple sources your sol
or if the offending noise is coming in atmospherically, forget it
then the unit is as useful as junk

but
if your problem is a single source
and if it is line of sight type distances (not atmospheric)
and the strength of the noise can be matched on both antennas
and lastly, you are damned patient in finding the correct settings
then it works pretty well

--
GB & 73
K5OAI