RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from HIGH voltage power lines

To: "Jim Miller KG0KP" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>, "RFI Reflector" <RFI@Contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from HIGH voltage power lines
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 07:58:20 -0700
Jim,
I would guess about 120 kV for the voltage on those lines. You will be in
the near field of the lines and you will get hum but I don't know how much.
Also, do not run an antenna parallel to those lines! The induction field
will induce a possible lethal voltage on the antenna from transformer
action. I have experienced that senario.
All in all, I would not go there.
73, GL Hardy N7RT