RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI with sound bites

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI with sound bites
From: "Ed K0iL" <eddieedwards@tconl.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 11:45:21 -0600
If it was wet or rainy, I had a similar sounding noise caused by a bent
squirrel guard on top of a power transformer.  It started with a steady
pulse of noise with the start of rain, much like the sound of a Jacob's
Ladder.  Then the off times shortened up and became more random until it was
on all the time.  A new squirrel guard fixed that problem.

It also sounds similar to loose power pole hardware on a windy day as well,
and probably several other possible devices.

73, de ed -K0iL