RFI

[RFI] Damned Amtrak

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Damned Amtrak
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 15:30:59 -0500
The Amtrak power line RFI I've mentioned here is right now S9 +20 on
160 and Stew Perry is on. I'm going to have to forfeit the contest
because I can't hear anyone other than local.

I was hoping the noise blanker and noise reduction in the K3 would
dent it but it doesn't touch this at all. NR does cut the volume but
equally attenuates the desired RF signals a radio is supposed to get:
Net gain = 0

If I said what I'm thinking about Amtrak I'd be censored from the
list and there'd be a knock at the door.

Gary
KA1J