RFI

Re: [RFI] Ultrasonic Dish

To: htodd@twofifty.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ultrasonic Dish
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 17:00:50 -0500 (EST)
In most cases I've experienced, no, you will not be able to see  arcing.

The cases where you can see arcing, you often can also hear it with your
ears if things are otherwise acoustically quiet in the  area.

I've had the W1TRC detector, with an Edmunds Scientific dish, for some
years, and have had good success in finding noise sources. I believe I can
pick out which insulator is the culprit, though as you mention, I consider  it
necessary only to get things down to the particular pole, as the power
company is usually not going to come out based solely on my report.

However, I have had several cases where a side mounted insulator has
broken, in which case a photograph sent to the utility noise guy has been
enough
to get them out to fix it.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 1/2/2013 4:42:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,