RFI

Re: [RFI] Nineteen Hour Noise

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Nineteen Hour Noise
From: "Ron, K6KYJ" <k6kyj@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:43:53 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks much for the feedback thus far.

What I find interesting is the grow light noise observed on 7 mHz. By far, that
is my worst band.  I actually was able to work TX5K on 80 CW ABOVE the noise
level of S8 on that band.  On 40, I am unable to work anything.  20 meters and
up is still possible IF there is very little band noise.

PGE is due to visit by the end of the day on Tuesday and hopefully we can rule
out the LED street lights as a source.

In my neighborhood, if grow lights are in use, it would only be for growing
cannabis.

I will keep this thread updated as hard data develops. 73.