RFI

Re: [RFI] Comments on RFI from Ductless Air Conditioning Units?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Comments on RFI from Ductless Air Conditioning Units?
From: Jeff Stevens <jeff@mossycup.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 19:54:54 -0400
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM, qrv@kd4e.com <qrv@kd4e.com> wrote:
> If I am thinking of the same units as he is they pipe the freon
> around the house along with the AC voltage and control lines.

Pretty close.  The indoor units are actually DC but you have the right
idea.  Here is an example of what I'm talking about:
http://www.daikin.com/global_ac/products/residential/

Both inverting (PWM controlled compressors) and non-inverting models
are available.  My impression is that the change to PWM controlled
compressors is not unique to ductless systems.  It's happening across
all types of air conditioning to reduce compressor cycling in an
effort to increase overall efficiency.

It would be a shame to make such a significant purchase only to
introduce more RF noise.

-Jeff
W7WWA