RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Noise - Part II

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Noise - Part II
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 10:48:05 +0000

> I did notice while we were going up the stairs to the garage that
> there were two vents. One looked like an "intake" and the other an
> "exhaust" which had warm air coming out of it. I did not notice any
AC/Heat Pump units outside.
> Now why would someone install an AC unit inside a garage??

They probably wouldn't... but grow lights put out lots of heat and you don't
want to cook your plants.
I found explaining that the fcc could get involved and that the noise can be
heard quite a distance away got their attention... this is a redacted
version of the letter I wrote:
http://www.k1ttt.net/160m_rfi/cutdownletter.pdf or
http://www.k1ttt.net/160m_rfi/cutdownletter.docx
scroll down to the 12/22 entry for links to the fcc letter and w0qe article:
http://wiki.k1ttt.net/2012%20Maintenance%20and%20Upgrade%20Blog.ashx#160mrfi
.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net