RFI

Re: [RFI] Recent RFI status - Direct TV and Dish?

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Recent RFI status - Direct TV and Dish?
From: "W5JR.Mike" <w5jr.mike@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:43:15 -0400
I agree with Jim to watch out for the switcher power supplies. My own
experience with a Comcast unit replaced over the summer was noticed to be quite
ugly on 160m later in the fall when my focus turned back to TopBand. I could
easily trace the electrical wiring in our walls with my AM radio looking for
the source. Unplugged the very tiny wall wart and all was quiet. I plugged it
back in after the contest and found flipping it 180* was quiet, but as
originally plugged in was noisy. My outlet indicated proper wiring from one of
the usual plug-in checkers. I left it plugged in the "quiet" way.

tnx
Mike / W5JR