RFI

Re: [RFI] Recent RFI status - Direct TV and Dish?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Recent RFI status - Direct TV and Dish?
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 19:02:40 -0700
:I am curious to know of any RFI emissions trouble from Dish or Direct TV
: installations that would affect the 1.8 to 50 MHz spectrum.

I have had DirecTV since 2001.

I run a "weak signal" station.

I cannot detect noise more than a few inches from the receiver, a somewhat
newer D-12-100, what noise I do receive is from the switching mode power
supply, and, no noise at all from the co-ax run to the LNA, about 75', and,
no noise from the LNA itself.

Previously I had one of the first DirecTV receivers, same results, so, I am
very pleased.

Kurt