RFI

Re: [RFI] 160 M triggers my lawn sprinklers

To: "reflector RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 160 M triggers my lawn sprinklers
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:06:52 -0700
At the controller end, I have a Corcom AC Line Filter, a big toroid with many turns on the wire going to the valves, and bypass caps on each valve wire. I think it is solid now, but I still unplug the sprinklers before every contest. It's on my checklist of things to do. Putting capacitors in the valve box would be messy, and it's the controller end that is causing the problems.

Before I got the problem solved, I did damage an internal part of the backflow preventer valve on the sprinkler system. I was on CW at the time, and the water hammer caused by all sprinkler valves opening and closing together damaged a major component. Fortunately I was able to find the part on EBay. Those backflow valves are expensive if you have to replace them.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

-----Original Message----- From: rick darwicki