RFI

[RFI] Dealing with multiple Utilities

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Dealing with multiple Utilities
From: Phil Snyder <n9lah@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 19:08:06 -0500
Hi folks. I have been dealing with powerline RFI for a couple of years now. The gentleman who works for the power company and chases RFI is a local ham and has been trying to locate and get the problem fixed. He is retiring at the end of the week. I admittedly have been lax in my record keeping as he was very approachable and seemed to be trying to find the source. Now with him retiring I m going to file a new noise complaint. The person replacing him is familiar with the problem so all is not lost.

My question though is that in the direction of the worst noise is my power company for a couple blocks then the rural electric co-op. I have been dealing with my company all along and wonder if it is my responsibility to contact the co-op or should that be the job of my local provider after they have eliminated there equipment?

Our Village is only 1.19 square miles and we actually have a 3rd electrical utility to the North ( I live at the extreme South end of town) but don't have any, serious, noise issues that direction.

Thanks
Phil
N9LAH