RFI

Re: [RFI] Looking for low-RFI high efficiency lighting

To: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Looking for low-RFI high efficiency lighting
From: Jeff Stevens <jeff@mossycup.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 13:31:47 -0400
I too have been happy with my Cree bulbs from HD.  I only operate at
7MHz and above so I haven't done more than a quick listen on MF nor
have I operated with an antenna in immediate proximity to the bulbs.
My recollection is that the ARRL recently compiled some information on
LED retrofit bulbs (Edison style base) but I don't recall what their
conclusions where.

As an aside, the Cree bulbs give out a relatively pleasing color which
matches that of incandescent lighting.  They certainly aren't alone in
that respect but many of the cheaper bulbs give off that cool white
bluish light.  Bulbs from the name brand manufacturers now provide CRI
and color temperature information right on the box -- very nice
indeed.

If only they provided third party verified plots of radiated and
conducted emissions as well.  That would be gold!

-Jeff
W7WWA